The Titen HD® anchor (wedge bolts) from Simpson Stron-Tie is a patented, high-strength screw anchor for concrete and masonry. It is designed for optimum performance in both cracked and uncracked concrete; a requirement that the 2009 IBC places on post-installed anchors. The high strength, easy to install Titen HD anchor has been tested and shown to provide outstanding performance in cracked and uncracked concrete under both static and seismic loading conditions.
The self-undercutting, non-expansion characteristics of the Titen HD anchor make it ideal for structural applications, even at reduced edge distances and spacings. Recommended for permanent dry, interior non-corrosive environments or temporary outdoor applications.
- Code listed under IBC/IRC in accordance with ICC-ES AC193 for cracked and uncracked concrete per ICC-ES ESR-2713
- Code listed under IBC/IRC in accordance with ICC-ES AC106 for masonry per ICC-ES ESR-1056
- Qualified for static and seismic loading conditions
- Thread design undercuts to efficiently transfer the load to the base material
- Standard fractional sizes
- Specialized heat-treating process creates tip hardness for better cutting without compromising the ductility
- No special drill bit required — designed to install using standard-sized ANSI tolerance drill bits
- Testing shows the Titen HD® installs in concrete with 50% less torque than competitor anchors
- Hex-washer head requires no separate washer and provides a clean installed appearance
- Removable — ideal for temporary anchoring (e.g., formwork, bracing) or applications where fixtures may need to be moved (reuse of the anchor to achieve listed load values is not recommended)
- Carbon steel
- mechanically galvanized
- Mechanical galvanizing meets ASTM B695, Class 65, Type 1. Intended for some pressure-treated wood sill plate applications. Not for use in other corrosive or outdoor environments. See Technical Notes for corrosion information.